The July Monthly Challenge – This challenge is a tough one, but incredibly rewarding. It’s great fun, and really amazing to be competing with athletes from all around the world. The challenge is the BikeErg World Springs. It’s a virtual indoor cycling challenge modeled after the successful SkiErg World Springs. The BikeErg World Springs takes place between July 3 – 7, 2019. So, you have the choice, where you will do it and you have 4 days in which to do it.
These are the rules for the Challenge:
- Race 4000 meters on the Concept2 BikeErg at your club, gym, school or home July 3-7, 2019.
- Individuals should enter their time in their Concept2 Online Logbook by July 8 21:00 GMT (17:00 ET).
- Events should send their results by email to firstname.lastname@example.org using the result form found at https://log.concept2.com/challenges/bikeerg-sprints.
- Results must be emailed by July 8 21:00 GMT (17:00 ET).
At Pat’s Gym, we will be doing this challenge for the entire month of July. The winners (female and male) will get the Pat’s Gym hoodie!
The June Monthly Challenge – The May Monthly Challenge tested power endurance and cardio capacity. Many did the challenge at least a couple of times during the month…..those athletes saw their scores improve.
The June Monthly Challenge was:
- Reps – 3-6-9-12-15-18-21-24-27-30
- Ski calories
- KB Wall ball 20# for women/35# for men (unbroken)
- The penalty for breaking is 10x burpee pull up before you return to finish the KB wall ball set
- Fastest time was the winner
The winners of the Pat’s Gym June Monthly Challenge are Robbie with a time of 17:17, and Katie Hurtis with a time of 18:36. Great job!